Some useful software for library and libraries.
Management of small and medium-sized libraries.
Complete utility for librarymanagement.
Using FB2 you can read books in .fb2 really comfortable. App has a user-friendly interface, stylish design and the active support from developers.
Enjoy your favorite novels, stories and poems; choose the view mode; add bookmark; change the text size and font; add books to favorites and even more with the new super e-book reader FB2.
With bookTome you can easily turn your chaotic personal library into a perfectly organized book database with a thorough entry for each one. Don’t worry about filling in all those fields: you can import them from Amazon UK, just by entering the title and author of each book.
bookTome lets you browse your collection by author, series or reading status – yes, you can mark books as “currently reading” and “already read”. There’s also a built-in engine for more refined searches and a wish list tool, though the latter doesn’t seem to work properly.
Once you’ve created your book database with bookTome, you can export it to web format or a CSV file. Being such a complete application, it’s surprising it doesn’t have such a basic feature as a loan manager.
Personal Library Manager is an application that will help you manage your book collection. Personal Library Manager is distributed as freeware so you can download and start using it right now.
This is what Personal Library Manager has to offer:
- ISBN lookup with cover retrieval
- Library statistics
- Search through title and author
- Filter records
- Create, backup, open, and compact database
- Settings stored in xml so it’s portable
Powerful database program to catalog and manage your book collection.
- Use the built-in dictionary to seamlessly look up the definitions of English words without interrupting your reading.
- Read in the standard one-column mode or take advantage of a larger screen with a multi-column view, which will automatically adjust according to your screen size.
- Choose whether you’d like to browse your library in a tile view or in a list view.
Calibre is a library for eBooks. It has a big, bold interface that’s really easy to use, and ebook files of most formats can just be dragged into the Calibre window. Editing the metadata (title, genre etc) is just a case of hitting the button on the tool bar, and typing in your changes. You can select multiple books and edit them in bulk too, for example if you want to regroup some books in a particular genre.
The recent revolution in electronic books means that it is now possible to have the same number of books on your computer hard drive as was once contained within a library. While access to this much knowledge represents a huge advancement, the result is often information overload: where to store my eBooks? How to arrange them into logical collections? How to search them and quickly find the book you want to read? How to find duplicate entries?
My Ebook Library is the answer to all these questions. This free desktop application enables you to easily catalog and manage your eBook collection. Check out some of the features:
- Supports the most popular eBook extensions: PDF, CHM, LIT, DOC, HTM, HTML, RTF, TXT, DJV, DJVU, PDB, PRC
- Catalogues eBooks stored in multiple folder locations on your system
- The MyEbookLibrary.co.uk online book database allows you to quickly download book information and cover-art for the books in your collection
- Supports both 10 and 13 digit format ISBNs
- Handy ISBN capture tool allows easy entry of ISBNs from the eBook or other resources
- Automatic extraction of ISBNs from filenames of eBooks
- Prevents duplicate eBooks existing on disk, based upon the ISBN
- Create your own custom eBook collections to group books by your current learning objectives. A single eBook can exist in multiple collections
- Search the eBook library by title to quickly locate matching entries
- Supports grouping and browsing of eBooks by author name
- Auto-collection functionality displays the last read, most popular, and newest additions to the library
- eBooks can be removed from the library without being removed from disk
- Can comfortably handle libraries of up to 5,000 Ebooks
It’s a great gadget that enables all literature fans to enjoy books even more.
If you also bought an ebook reader recently, you’re probably in the same situation as me: dozens of ebooks begin to heap up on your hard drive and will become a messy collection of uncategorized files unless you do something about it soon.
Book Library is an easy-to-use yet powerful book collection manager. It lets you catalog any printed materials such as books, magazines, comic books and newspapers with a MS Access database. Book Library offers a comprehensive set of database fields, it also allows you to add contents such as chapters, articles etc. to each book, so you can record extensive information about your favorite books.
You will also get an explorer-like interface with a build-in internet explorer window, it displays book detail in a HTML page format. User can customize the HTML templates and use different templates for different type of books. Flexible and customizable view options allows you to group and sort entries the ways you like. Other features includes report/printing, export to ASCII/HTML, loan tracking, SQL support and more.
With BookDB you can enter all your books with author, category, publisher etc and print them out in a variety of formats. Why would you need such a thing? Well, if you’re always going to book sales and buying bargains only to get home and find you’ve doubled up, take a printout with you! BookDB has a super-condensed print mode so you’ll need a magnifying glass, but at least it’ll save a tree or two.
BookDB also has lending library features. With them, you can add borrowers, loan out books, add multiple copies and so on. If you’d like to test these new features, just create a blank file called ‘library.txt’ in the same folder as BookDB2.exe and restart the program.
Greenstone is a suite of software for building and distributing digital library collections. It provides a new way of organizing information and publishing it on the Internet or on CD-ROM. Greenstone is produced by the New Zealand Digital Library Project at the University of Waikato, and developed and distributed in cooperation with UNESCO and the Human Info NGO. It is open-source, multilingual software, issued under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
Mendeley is a desktop and web program for managing and sharing research papers, discovering research data and collaborating online. It combines Mendeley Desktop, a PDF and reference management application (available for Windows, OS X and Linux) with Mendeley Web, an online social network for researchers. On September 23, 2013, Mendeley announced iPhone and iPadapps that are free to install.
Mendeley requires the user to store all basic citation data on its servers—storing copies of documents is at the user’s discretion. Upon registration, Mendeley provides the user with 2 GB of free web storage space, which is upgradeable at a cost.
A Complete Soln. for all Library Needs. Easy to use interface. Fine Management. Issue / Return of Books / Magazines / Newspapers / Digital Media. Billing for Suppliers. Manage Reference and books in bad condition.
Librarian for Schools, Colleges, Educational Institutes, Public Libraries. Multiple user types make it easy for Administrator and Operator. Operator can only Issue / Return. This software is designed for Library Administrators.
Ease-to-Use barcode tool with full-features, support almost any type of barcode, including EAN-13, UPC-A, Code39, Code128, EAN-128, ISSN, ISBN, Codebar, Interleaved 2of5, Code 25, POSTNet, Post2/5, Code93, Plessey, MSI Plessey, PDF417, Code11, PLANET, 4-state, ITF-14, EAN-14, DataMatrix, IATA, USPSIntelligentMail, QR Code. Export to image file or clipboard.
ReadPlease 2003 (Free Edition) offers full support for all Microsoft voices, reads text via Windows clipboard from any program and has adjustable voice speed (rate). It also features:
- Microsoft voices: Mike, Mary, Sam
- Customize font and background colour
- Reads text via Windows clipboard from any program (copy/paste)
- Control reading from system tray
- Reads e-mail emoticons such as 🙂 or 🙁
- Adjustable voice speed (rate)
- Low vision colour option
- ReadPlease Enable your website
VuFind is a library resource portal designed and developed for libraries by libraries. The goal of VuFind is to enable your users to search and browse through all of your library’s resources by replacing the traditional OPAC to include:
- Catalog Records
- Locally Cached Journals
- Digital Library Items
- Institutional Repository
- Institutional Bibliography
- Other Library Collections and Resources
VuFind is completely modular so you can implement just the basic system, or all of the components. And since it’s open source, you can modify the modules to best fit your need or you can add new modules to extend your resource offerings.