Librarian Required at Hamdan Bin Muhammad University, Dubai
The Librarian is responsible for delivering high quality e-learning resources service through administering all activities and functions related to e-library and online resources.
· Maintain library’s collections including physical as well as electronic collections.
· Maintain library holdings and recommend new acquisition or cancellation of resources/ services.
· Create, activate and deactivate learners’ access to library’s resources.
· Catalogue and classify the library holdings as per standard norms and procedures in the field.
· Explore and ensure that photocopy rights and permissions are not violated and ownership rights are observed.
· Provide professional and individual assistance to users in terms of locating information, interpreting catalogue, and the general inquires pertinent to library functioning.
· Enhance and train learners on the use of the library resources which may include library tours and preparation and distribution of leaflets.
Education and Academic Qualifications:
– Bachelor Degree in library Sciences or any related field from an accredited university.
– Minimum of 2 years in a similar position and preferably in a university.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
– Thorough knowledge of concepts related to libraries and electronic databases.
– Excellent knowledge of Library Management and Information Systems.
– Experience with open access publishing systems (e.g., OJS – Open Journal Systems).
– Ability to manage and develop digital library resources.
– Strong commitment to user-centered process.
– Experience with archival collections and non-textual format of keeping data.
– Willing to work flexible schedules; specifically evening shifts.
– Excellent communication skills in both Arabic and English languages.